Harcourts would like to share some simple
presentation tips with you, which may help to present your property to
its best advantage. It is often the little things that can make the
biggest impact. For example, first impressions really do count because
it is estimated that over 50% of properties are sold even before the
prospective buyer steps through the front door!
These are just a few practical ways in which you can make an instant,
positive impression, which will go a long way towards making a
- Remove bikes, tools, and any clutter.
- Keep lawns mowed, paths edged, hedges trimmed and gardens weeded.
- A few well-positioned flowering potted plants can create a welcoming appearance.
- Having the exterior washed and windows cleaned can make an enormous difference.
- Paint or wash fences, gates, screens, steps and the front door.
- Ensure your pets are secured so that they won’t pose a threat or annoy visitors.
- Outside lighting is a must for evening inspections.
Positive first impressions Your front door and entrance-way can be powerful first impression areas.
- A newly decorated front door with attractive topiary shrubs either side can be effective.
- Properties yet to be renovated can visually show buyers the
potential of the property by decorating the walls, ceiling and floor of
the front entrance.
- Position an attractive plant or piece of art to add that final touch.